Ms. Iverson is a Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) from the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE) and has been a practicing ergonomist for over sixteen years receiving her Master’s Degree in Human Factors Ergonomic Engineering and an additional Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from San Jose State University. Ms. Iverson completed her undergraduate degree in Environmental Science where she specialized in CAL OSHA compliance with regards to mitigation of risk in various work settings. While completing this degree, she simultaneously completed five years of prerequisite coursework to apply for the Master’s program in physical therapy at various accredited colleges while acquiring thousands of hours towards hands on experience working in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Ms. Iverson has honed her skills with the field of Ergonomics as a Root Cause Analysis expert and specializes with manufacturing and material handling work environments in addition to laboratory and office settings. She has also been the project leader for numerous Usability studies that involve development and assessment of well-known peripheral products from companies such as Logitech, Goldtouch, Microsoft, Kinesis, DXT, Posturite, Contour, and 3-M.
Use study projects include but are not limited to:
- 3-D Connexion’s Space ball used by CAD designers,
- Goldtouch keyboard and Go! Board for mobile users,
- Logitech Wave keyboard,
- Manufacturing tools for private sector (disc drive, automotive, machine shop, material handling)
Due to the in depth understanding of the human tool relationship, the VSI team determines the correct “fit” between the users and their tools at first assessment. As human factor specialists, they are adept at accurately identifying and mitigating personal habits developed by the employee from incorrect tool interaction that could be promoting injury.
Ms. Iverson and the VSI team are dedicated to learning and interacting with other ergonomic practitioners. All VSI staff participate at professional activities on the local and national level that include platform presentations and speaker engagements on Ergonomic Principles.
A partial list includes:
- National Ergonomics Convention Compendium- Las Vegas, NV
- National Ergonomics Convention Compendium- Manhattan, NY
- County of Santa Clara Annual Safety Conference- Santa Clara, CA
- County of Monterey- Monterey, CA
- Bay Area Environmental Safety Group- Santa Clara, CA
- Bay Area Ergonomics Round Table- Bay Area, CA
- San Jose State University Human Factors Society- San Jose, CA
- Professional Development Conference Series sponsored by Cal Ergonomics- Cupertino, CA