The Cleaning, Repairing, Servicing and Adjusting Primer Movers, Machinery and Equipment Standard (8 CCR§3314), commonly called “Lock out/Tag out”, includes specific requirements for machinery guarding during normal operations and maintenance activities.
The Lock Out/Tag Out service includes:
- Determination of requirements for machine running during normal operations
- Definition of the applicability and scope of lock out/tag out procedures
- Determination of steps for implementation of lock out/tag out program
- Implementation of tags and accident prevention signs
- Development of procedures for transfer lock out/tag out responsibility
- Employee training