A usability study is a technique used to evaluate a product by testing it on potential users. User testing is often conducted in combination with a product review by VSI’s Human Factors Ergonomics Engineers. Usability studies can be conducted on new or existing products, as well as products in development.
VSI offers small interactive focus groups in addition to usability studies conducted with small or large population samples.
VSI’s team of Human Factors Ergonomic Engineers has performed usability studies on many products including:
- Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse
- 3-D Connexion’s Space Ball used by CAD Designers
- Goldtouch keyboard and Go! Board for mobile users
- Logitech Wave keyboard
- Goldtouch classic keyboard
- Kinesis Freestyle keyboard and accessories
- Manufacturing tools for private sector (disc drive, automotive, machine shop, material handling)